Wednesday, January 23, 2008

That's my boy!


He's the big one on the end that has shoved the others over. He's in the 99th percentile in height and weight, he can kick others babies' butts!
I figured fatherhood would change me: I would mature and discover new emotional complexities in my own character, maybe even gain a more meaningful view of my place in the human race. Yes, perhaps that happened, but so far the most profound revelation since donning the Dad hat has been a developing instinct to brag about my kid and engage in "little league father" type behavior.

Look how big he is! Look, he can stick his hand in his mouth!

I must have some deep down need to convince myself that evolution is going on here. Or maybe there's an urge toward vicarious living... I've stated here before that I expect him to be a top notch Astronaut, a concert pianist, award winning journalist and two term Mayor of New York. Right now though, I'm really proud of how big he is.

No comments: